Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) is a wholly-owned entity of the City of Edmonton, governed by an independent Board of Directors.
We are tasked with cultivating the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
We do this by:
- Attracting investment, businesses, visitors, conferences, conventions, and major events.
- Encouraging an environment for industry growth, diversification, entrepreneurialism, and innovation.
- Marketing and positioning the Edmonton brand and opportunities in target
- Managing the Shaw Conference Centre and activating other convention space.
- Enriching the downtown core, the Edmonton Research Park, and other lands with economic potential.
EEDC is made up of four specific divisions: Urban Economy, Trade & Investment, Edmonton Tourism, and the Shaw Conference Centre.