Edmonton Economic Development Corp. (EEDC) is a unique model in Canada. We are a multi-divisional, multi-location conglomerate agency of the City of Edmonton, aligned through unified purpose, vision, and values.
Our unique operating and governance model is scalable, creating a platform for economic development initiatives that can be started, matured, and exited as required.
This unified approach, founded on principles of scalability, adaptability, and leveraging public assets, all for a single purpose of growing our economy, means that our city can move faster on new initiatives, take on bigger risks, and achieve more than anyone could have expected.
At EEDC, we know that economic development is a team sport, and our six divisions work in unison on initiatives that generate economic impact and build the brand and reputation of our city:
- Enterprise Edmonton – works with inbound foreign investors and outbound local businesses who choose to take a risk and grow their business in new markets, making the leap from local to global.
- Innovate Edmonton – works and collaborates with businesses, stakeholders, and partners locally and regionally to foster growth downtown, and from our four innovation and entrepreneur communities:
Startup Edmonton: an entrepreneurial campus and community hub that transforms ideas into tech-enabled products and companies.
TEC Edmonton: a joint venture partnership between EEDC and the University of Alberta, focused on accelerating the growth of emerging technology-based companies.
Edmonton Research Park: an incubator and accelerator space home to more than 1,500 members at 55+ companies in diverse fields from biotechnology to energy.
Make Something Edmonton: an award-winning open project platform for engaged citizens who are shaping our city to collaborate and showcase their ideas.
- Edmonton Tourism – Edmonton’s destination sales organization and the marketing voice for our city’s visitor experience, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Shaw Conference Centre – Edmonton’s premier convention centre, a unique downtown meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate.
- Edmonton EXPO Centre – Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events.
- EEDC Corporate Services Division – the glue that holds EEDC together, providing Finance, Information Technology, Human Resource, Market Intelligence, and Marketing services to all EEDC divisions.