Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Division is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. In short, we make things easy for EEDC’s operating divisions.
We are searching for a high performance, teamwork oriented Accounting Team Lead to join our Finance team. The Accounting Team Lead ensures that the accounting team operates efficiently by assigning and ensuring the completion of regular accounting tasks on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis; this includes leading the Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and General Ledger processes, and coordinating with the Accounts Payable team. The Accounting Team Lead uses critical thinking and customer service skills to prioritize work and manage user experiences. In the first 6- 12 months, the successful candidate will build, enhance, and maintain accounting processes, policies, and procedures. Once a strong functional foundation has been established, the Accounting Team Lead will take on additional people leadership accountabilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading people and processes
- Developing and maintaining accounting processes, and overseeing applicable systems
- Completing monthly reconciliations of Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Operations accounts
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Supporting other special projects and performing ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Supporting the internal control environment by following established policies & procedures
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree in accounting, actively pursuing their CPA designation
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make recommendations based on methodical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to handle complex spreadsheets
- The ability to apply a high degree of discretionary decision-making, confidence, critical thinking, and professional judgement.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by August 16, 2019. Click APPLY to submit your resume.