Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Division is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. In short, we make things easy for EEDC’s operating divisions.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and organized Administrative Assistant to join our team. Our Corporate Services Administrative Assistant is the first point contact for visitors and guests at our World Trade Centre office. This role manages all reception duties and provides administrative support to the Corporate Division as needed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Greeting and assisting visitors and callers
- Maintaining a positive image of the reception area, boardrooms, kitchen and other common areas
- Ordering and maintaining an adequate inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Ordering catering and overseeing logistics for certain stakeholder events
- Coordinating guest and staff parking
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma. Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to problem solve in the moment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by January 27th. Click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.