Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton Tourism division is Edmonton’s destination sales organization and the marketing voice for our city’s visitor experience, regionally, nationally and internationally. It is the trusted expert and resource for marketing Edmonton’s visitor experience. Working alongside Stakeholders, the team delivers exceptional experiences, inviting guests to stay longer, spend more and share their stories with others.
The Conference Services department is an integral part of the Meetings and Conventions team. This role will focus on making life as easy and trouble-free as possible for meeting planners who are hosting their events in Edmonton by identifying key resources, delivering dedicated support and providing spirited inspiration. Your attentive care and support for our clients will have a direct impact on success and business in Edmonton. Keeping up to date with the latest offerings in a city changing as quickly and dramatically as Edmonton will be both challenging and rewarding.
We are searching for a customer service expert and enthusiastic Edmonton supporter to join our team as Conference Services Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Conference Services Manager with the planning and successful execution of site tour visits, client events and large conference activations
- Informing clients of the many resources and services that Edmonton has to offer to them to enhance their programs and fulfil their conference objectives
- Maintaining active communication and ensuring timely follow up with event planners who have confirmed Edmonton as the future host city of their event
- Providing in-person and on-site support to conference planners, ensuring helpful assistance is always readily available
- Updating and preparing fresh, new and relevant content for the Meetings and Conventions website pages on the industry website
The successful candidate will have:
- Two years of post-secondary education in an administrative/tourism/hospitality field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of customer service work experience in hotel, event planning or hospitality
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Keen attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by Nov 18, 2018. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.