Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who demonstrate the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and are willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Innovate Edmonton’s mission within EEDC is to create the best possible environment for technology innovation and tech-enabled startup and scaleup company growth. We are focused on creating new tech businesses, helping high potential businesses scale and inspiring action to fuel growth in Edmonton’s innovation and technology business community. We perform this work through our four entrepreneur communities: Startup Edmonton, the Edmonton Research Park, Edmonton Made and our partnership with the University of Alberta in TEC Edmonton.
Are you passionate about Edmonton? Do you want to contribute to shifting the perceptions of our city as a leader in technology and innovation? Do you want to help us inspire an entrepreneurial revolution? We are looking for a savvy digital marketer who understands how to grow online audiences, inspire action and build advocates.
The Digital Marketing Manager will develop and manage audience growth, acquisition and retention programs across all digital marketing channels including social media. You will analyze and optimize campaign and content performance, communicate results and action lessons learned.
Digital and Social Media Strategy
- Assess digital marketing channels and presence, document gaps, opportunities and create recommendations for an improved digital marketing program
- Develop a marketing and sales funnel strategy
- Develop a social media influencer strategy
- Maintain brand standards, voice, tone and style for our social and digital properties
Advertising and Promotions
- Recommend and define digital advertising campaign strategies, test plans and budgets
- Develop and implement search marketing, paid search, social media advertising and digital advertising
Content Management and Engagement
- Develop and refine digital and social channel strategy
- Plan and maintain web site builds; email/landing page, setup, segmentation, and deployment to support campaigns and initiatives
- Update/curate content across digital channels and recommend tactics to increase audience and community engagement
- Support the development and maintenance of an annual content calendar
Metrics and Analytics
- Develop digital marketing metrics and track digital program effectiveness
- Analyze and report on campaign performance and provide recommendations
- Conduct A/B testing to determine the most effective content and calls to action
- Lead, mentor and manage internal and contracted team members
Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, digital media or another related field
- 5 yrs related work experience, with a minimum of 3 yrs experience in digital marketing
- An established track record of developing and growing online audiences, creating loyal followers and increasing online conversions
- Significant experience in digital marketing, email marketing and/or marketing automation (Hubspot, Mailchimp, etc.)
- An effective understanding of HTML, CSS, UI/UX design principles and CMS systems, including WordPress
- Ability to identify trends and opportunities through data analysis
- 1 – 2 yrs Supervisory experience; leading and managing high performing and diverse teams
- Collaborative mindset, driven to perform individually and within a broader team
- Previous experience in marketing automation technology is an asset
If this opportunity represents you and you would like to become part of a team dedicated to building a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your key accomplishments, skills and abilities by October 23, 2018. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.