Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre host a combined 1,000+ events annually and contribute to more than $65 million in economic impact for the City of Edmonton. As two of Edmonton largest and most dynamic venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre generate economic and social benefits for Edmonton and serve a critical role in positioning Edmonton as a destination for conferences, conventions and major events. Each with their own distinct brand and offerings, the two venues combined deliver an exceptional experience to more than two million guests and delegates each year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre are looking for a team-oriented and highly-skilled individual with experience developing and managing digital campaigns in a variety of online platforms. The Digital Marketing Specialist will play an exciting key role in helping the venues position themselves in an increasingly competitive market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing creative digital marketing strategies that produce quality sales leads and conversions for the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre;
- Collaborating with the venue sales teams to develop and implement strategic digital campaigns on the Google network (search and display);
- Collaborating with the venue marketing teams to facilitate targeted social media promotions;
- Collaborating with the design team to produce creative collateral for display and social media campaigns;
- Providing recommendations for SEO and campaign optimization to the venue marketing teams;
- Supporting the maintenance and content generation for the venues’ social media channels;
- Strategic planning, target setting, progress tracking and reporting on digital campaign goals.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, business or equivalent;
- 2-4 years direct work experience managing digital campaigns in a dynamic environment;
- Working knowledge of cutting-edge digital and social media marketing practices;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills;
- An aptitude for digital analytics and data management;
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities;
- Previous experience in the events, hospitality or venues industries will be considered an asset;
- Membership with IABC or CPRS is considered an asset.
If you are a motivated self-starter who is confident managing a robust digital portfolio for both the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume no later than October 18, 2019 by clicking on the APPLY button