Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Division is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. In short, we make things easy for EEDC’s operating divisions.
We are searching for an experienced communications professional and executive coach for our Director of Corporate Communications role on EEDC’s Corporate Team.
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Relations, the Director, Corporate Communications is a Corporate resource responsible for developing communications plans for EEDC’s internal and external audiences with a focus on Senior Leadership communications.
This work will include managing and directing the corporate internal, external, media, public relations (PR), and communications strategies for EEDC including strategic communications messaging, coaching, and direct support to Senior Leadership executives.
This will necessitate establishing positive relationships with the media, government, influencers, and stakeholders; developing strategic communication strategies to deliver against business priorities; responding to media inquires and planning complex PR responses and advising media responses; directing the development of internal and external communications materials; serving as a corporate spokesperson; identifying challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization; and building external relationships within the community and media.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, managing, and reporting on internal and external communications strategies and plans that support EEDC’s economic growth strategies, business operations, employee engagement efforts, and positive perceptions of the organization and leadership.
- Coaching Senior Leadership team members to ensure effective message delivery for external, internal, media, and PR events.
- Delivering talking points, speeches, and presentations for Senior Leadership spokespeople.
Overseeing development and content included in corporate marketing collateral and events including annual report, event marketing collateral, digital communications, websites, and social media.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in public relations or a communications-related field
- 10 years’ relevant experience working with senior leadership, internal, and external communications. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proven ability to influence and coach Senior Leadership executives
- Proven analytical and operational abilities
- Proven ability to maintain direction in matrixed reporting relationships
- Self-starter who can handle fast deadlines, ambiguity and pressure with humour and grace
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by Friday, October 11. Click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.