Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
Our security team works hard to avert losses and protect clients, guests, employees and the property and we are seeking a professional, customer service focused Dispatcher, Safety & Security to join our team. We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
As a vital member of the security team your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Communications & Monitoring
- Receiving and coordinating routine & emergency communications received via telephone, radio and email
- Actively monitoring camera systems and access control software
- Securing and reviewing video footage to support investigations
- Supporting organizational communication
- Supporting incident investigations by securing and reviewing video footage to support investigations
- Creating and distributing incident reports
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of calls and events
- Coordinating assigned projects
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months working in a service related industry
- Post Secondary or previous communication training would be an asset
- Ability to:
- Work rotating 12-hour shifts, including overnights
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, customer service environment, while handling stressful situations in a timely, professional manner.
- Work independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by May 13, 2018. Click on the link below to apply