Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
Edmonton Tourism division is Edmonton’s destination sales organization and the marketing voice for our city’s visitor experience, regionally, nationally and internationally. It is the trusted expert and resource for marketing Edmonton’s visitor experience. Working alongside Stakeholders, the team delivers exceptional experiences, inviting guests to stay longer, spend more and share their stories with others.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Making an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Leading the Way” and “Caring for One Another.”
We are looking for an Edmonton Events Sales Specialist; a highly detailed and organized administrator who will take these values to heart and inspire everyone they meet, creating an outstanding impression of EEDC to internal and external stakeholders. This role is the backbone of the Edmonton Events team, providing superior administration support and being the point of contact for member hotels and other industry members.
The Edmonton Events Sales Specialist will support Edmonton Events’ long-term strategy by researching potential events and will manage general administration tasks for the team. This is an administrative role with exposure to major events; you will be a part of securing and promoting but not executing the event itself. There is also potential to work more directly on the sales side of Edmonton Events in the future.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing sales support by coordinating and updating sales database
- Tracking sales processes with clients and hotels
- Coordinating bid and proposal packages
- Maintaining sales stats and organizing the logistics of site visits
- Attending/participating in industry events (Sport events, open houses, conferences)
- Coordinate leads and accounts as requested by Event Attraction Managers
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Proven organizational skills with a focus on detail orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills and professional communications presence
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong industry relationships and client contacts
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite of applications
Knowledge of greater Edmonton’s tourism industry and products, tourism bureau functions and/or hotel environments would be considered an asset. Previous experience working or volunteering for sport associations or major events would also be a value add.
If this description represents you and you would like to become part of a team dedicated to the success of Edmonton Tourism, submit your cover letter and professional resume here no later than October 16th, 2018.