Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
Are you someone that can make a client’s vision come to life?
We are looking for an outgoing and customer service driven Event Manager to join our team. The Event Manager role is an integral part the EXPO team and is responsible for providing exceptional event management from the point of booking until the conclusion of our client’s event.
The Event Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of events by working with our internal departments and external vendors and service providers to provide outstanding customer service and guest experiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Sales Manager in the planning, developing and managing of client events
- Responding to client inquiries, determining expectations and delivering an event plan for implementation
- Conducting site visits, production meetings, and test meals
- Managing the event while it is occurring by responding to concerns and challenges
- Liaising with all departments and staff to ensure the success of the full cycle of events
- Maintaining accurate and up to date event plans and creating service orders
- Managing and monitoring the progress of events and providing timely pre and post event reports
- Adhering to AGLC, OH&S, and Fire Marshall Codes
Relationship, Image & Reputation Management
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients
- Promoting the services of the Edmonton EXPO Centre
- Ensuring the EXPO Centre’s service, safety, sustainability, productivity and community support brand standards are maintained to the highest quality
- Modeling and promoting Edmonton Economic Development Corporation values and the EXPO Centre service values
The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the event industry, complimented by post-secondary education in Event Management or other related fields. Having excellent interpersonal and communications skills are essential in providing outstanding customer service and working with the internal teams and resources. With knowledge of budgeting and forecasting, this role will be able to provide accurate quotes and invoices and create reports. The successful applicant should be proficient with Microsoft suites and having experience with the Venue Management System USI would be considered an asset.
If you believe in delivering exceptional guest service experiences and are looking to further develop your career, then we want to hear from you! Submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. Click on the link below to apply.
NOTE: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.