Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking an Executive Chef with a comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, high volume production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation to share this passion.
If you are an innovative problem solver, who can bring passion, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas along with proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated then we want to hear from you!
We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Director, Food and Beverage, the Executive Chef will lead, coach and manage the culinary team and coordinate all related culinary activities including estimating food consumption, requisitioning or sourcing food; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Creating an environment of engagement and support while still maintaining standards of excellence
- Developing and mentoring the culinary team to help them grow and improve
- Maintaining an active role in the local hospitality community and professional associations (CCFCC/Edmonton Chefs)
- Being fiscally responsible
- Being a beacon of excellence
Culinary & Kitchen Management
- Establishing standards for Edmonton EXPO Centre menu
- Creating and engineering recipes
- Standardizing production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establishing presentation techniques and quality standards
- Ensuring the maintenance of those standards to define our brand and to grow revenues.
- Approaching FOH and BOH requirements holistically to deliver memorable presentations, outstanding guest service, and operational efficiencies
- Providing operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels
- Continuously obtaining feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
- Conducting regular scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between senior management, sales, and event management team
- Developing proposals for potential clients, to include tastings. May also entertain prospective clients of the EXPO Centre through Chef’s table dinning experiences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef and 7-10 years of culinary experience including high volume, complex foodservice operations experience, and banquet kitchen management
- Trade Qualified – Red Seal, Certified Chef de Cuisine or equivalent. Certified in Food Handling
- Degree in Hospitality Culinary Management preferred
- Proven record in delivering operating results in high volume operations
- Demonstrated achievements in building a large and multi-faceted cohesive and engaged team.
- Competent in the use of a computer including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.