Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Enterprise Edmonton division works with inbound foreign investors and outbound local businesses who choose to take a risk and grow their business in new markets, making the leap from local to global. The team helps businesses grow outside of the Edmonton Region by guiding them in their export and international journey and by helping other businesses to invest and grow into Edmonton.
To accelerate growth and strengthen the chances of success for Edmonton Region companies on their path to export, Enterprise Edmonton is launching a formal Trade Acceleration Program. The program will assist companies in navigating complexities of the global trade ecosystem and help them develop and implement a new market entry plan.
We are searching for an engaging and knowledgeable Export Training Program Manager to join our team.
The Export Training Program Manager will be at the forefront of business, leading and delivering the Enterprise Edmonton Trade Program to Edmonton Region companies.
The role focuses on promoting, offering, and delivering a formal export-readiness training program. Key responsibilities include: establishing a stream of potential Edmonton Region Businesses to participate in the program, delivering the program, following-up with coaching and reporting on results.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Recruiting Edmonton Region businesses to participate in the Trade Program
- Delivering and facilitating Trade Program export-readiness sessions with Edmonton Region businesses
- Coaching Edmonton Region businesses on their export plans
- Reporting on the company-level outcomes of the program
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree in Commerce, Marketing, International Trade or Business Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience. Combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered.
- Extensive understanding of how small and medium sized businesses operate
- Outstanding relationship building and facilitation skills
- Experience in public speaking, presenting, coaching and/or motivational speeches
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your key accomplishments, skills and abilities by April 23, 2018. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.