Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way,” “Make an Impact,” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Guest Experience Supervisor to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating an informative and positive impression by monitoring and coaching Guest Experience staff; including ensuring staff understand their duties for each role, provide positive and corrective feedback to ensure standards are met, provide the required tools need to each position, and informing staff of specific related information and update them of any changes
- Providing on the spot service recovery for any guest complaints using available service recovery items, and
- Escalating complaints to appropriate department, if required, to ensure immediate resolution
- Preparing event items need for the Guest Experience staff to ensure smooth running of the event
- Welcoming guests, clients and staff with courtesy, professionalism and a positive attitude
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous customer service and supervisory experience in hospitality or a conference centre environment
- ProServe certification
- Knowledge of the City of Edmonton would be considered an asset
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills, good problem solving and decision-making skills, is positive and energetic, conducts oneself in a professional manner, and is able to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by September 1, 2018. Click on the link below to apply