Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy. Our values of “Public Stewardship”, “Selfless Approach”, “Lead the Way”, “Make an Impact” and “Caring for One Another” are at the core of what we believe here at EEDC.
Within the Corporate division, EEDC operates under a shared service model consisting of Finance, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR) and Market Intelligence. These services aim to drive consistency, efficiencies and innovation for processes and systems across the organization.
To further develop and execute on our people strategy we are looking for a highly passionate and motivated professional to join our Human Resources team as HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition. This key team player will be a trusted partner, an ambassador of our culture and values, and will thrive in a performance and values based environment.
We are looking for a hands-on HR Business Partner who will join our team to provide proactive operational and strategic support to managers and employees. With an emphasis on talent acquisition, onboarding and orientation, this person will own and manage our full cycle selection and recruitment processes and will be integral to the design and implementation of our onboarding and orientation program aimed at driving employee engagement and retention. Your talent acquisition and retention background and experience will provide a solid foundation as you help to formulate the EEDC Way of attracting and retaining talent. In addition to this area of expertise, you will also be supporting our HR team with various people practices including performance management, total compensation and learning & development.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to build strong relationships with our people, offer reliable and thoughtful guidance and be mindful to the changing needs of our organization. You will actively engage with leaders to develop candidate profiles, socialize EEDC job opportunities, interview, and hire new team members at all levels within the organization to create a unique and engaging employee experience. Your leadership style and demonstrated ability to connect with people, understand their needs, instill confidence, build an environment that fosters growth & inclusion and have a genuine appreciation for the power of a strong culture. You have experience working with teams in a performance based environment, and continuously aim for improvement and growth.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate these skills and abilities:
- Experience managing full cycle recruitment and selection from entry level to experienced professionals
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to identify a key issue, gather information and determine appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively articulate and communicate with all levels of employees throughout the organization
- Professional and well-spoken; able to be a strong ambassador for EEDC
- Exceptional prioritization and organizational skills with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to see the “big picture” and develop effective tactical plans
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
Our ideal candidate has 5-7 years’ related experience in selection and hiring, operational leadership and full cycle recruitment process and post secondary education in Business Administration or Management, or Human Resources Management. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
If this description resonates with you, and you want to know more, then we want to hear from you! Please forward a detailed cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate, along with your professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 29th, 2017