Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Services division is the glue that holds EEDC together, providing Finance, Information Technology, Human Resource, Communication, Market Intelligence, Administration and External Relations services to all EEDC divisions. This division is the foundation of the organization and the guiding principle for Corporate Services is to drive efficiencies and innovation for all processes and systems within the organization.
We have an exciting temporary (maternity leave coverage) opportunity for a collaborative individual with a “can do attitude”. The Human Resources (HR) Generalist serves as a significant resource to the organization and the HR team. Working primarily out of the Shaw Conference Centre (SCC), one of Canada’s premier meeting, entertainment, and convention venues, this individual will demonstrate a keen eye for detail and the drive for continuous improvement through HRIS system support, people reporting, and seamless processes and workflows. Additionally, this individual will quickly earn trust and credibility and professionally handle personal and confidential information in a discreet manner while providing support in various generalist HR functions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing HRIS systems support to managers and employees including assistance with access issues, time and attendance inquiries, manager training, etc.
- HRIS system end-user support (Benefits, Time & Attendance, Analytics. Ensuring information is up to date and accurate).
- Supporting the HR department with continuous improvement of HR processes, workflows and self-service component of the HR Service delivery model.
- Preparing and tracking people dashboards reports including: total hours, total headcounts/FTE, WCB claims breakdown, etc.
- Providing support to the HR Business Partner in the areas of recruitment, contract management and performance management.
- Administering benefits, leaves, and WCB claims.
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-secondary education in Business Administration or Management, or Human Resources Management. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in an office environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to identify a key issue, gather information and determine appropriate solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively articulate and communicate with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Exceptional prioritization and organizational skills with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by September 24, 2018. Click on the link below to apply.