Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead the Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Services division is the glue that holds EEDC together, providing Finance, Information Technology, Human Resource, Communication, Market Intelligence, Administration and External Relations services to all EEDC divisions. This division is the foundation of the organization and the guiding principle for Corporate Services is to drive efficiencies and innovation for all processes and systems within the organization.
We are searching for a Human Resources Business Partner with excellent communication skills who is highly skilled at building interpersonal relationships and proactively works to add value to our People Strategy. You will be focused on ensuring a positive engaging work environment and are committed to providing growth on people initiatives and engagement. To do so, you will be working collaboratively with leaders throughout the organization and be involved in various programs and projects in alignment with our People Strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing EEDC’s Learning and Development Program
- Overseeing and actively participating in the Divisional joint Health and Wellness committee
- Developing, leading and managing our organizational People Programs, such as Social Committee, Long Service Awards, and Rewards and Recognition
- Supporting the Human Resources Business Partner – Talent Acquisition with full-cycle recruitment
- Providing employee relations support and guidance to employees and people leaders, including performance improvement coaching and progressive discipline
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated Human Resources Business Partner experience including recruitment and selection, performance management, people program delivery, facilitation and teaching skills
- Post-secondary education in a related field; Business Administration or Management, HR Management, Learning and Development is an asset
- Ability to see the big picture and develop effective, tactical plans
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to identify key issues, gather information and determine appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate with all levels of employees throughout the organization, able to adapt between communication styles
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365. Proficiency in Sharepoint an asset
If you are highly resourceful, committed to collaboration and understand how to inspire trust through relationship building, we want to hear from you! Please submit a detailed resume and a cover letter that tells us why you feel you are the best fit for this role.
Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume by November 16th, 2018.