Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who demonstrate the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and are willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Innovate Edmonton’s mission within the EEDC is to create the best possible environment for technology innovation and tech-enabled startup and scaleup company growth. We are focused on creating new tech businesses, helping high potential businesses scale, and inspiring action to fuel growth in Edmonton’s innovation and technology business community. We perform this work through our four entrepreneur communities: Startup Edmonton, the Edmonton Research Park, Edmonton Made and our partnership with the University of Alberta in TEC Edmonton.
Are you passionate about Edmonton? Do you want to contribute to shifting the perceptions of our city as a leader in technology and innovation? Do you want to help us inspire an entrepreneurial revolution?
Reporting to the Strategic Marketing Manager, the Marketing & Communication Specialist will work closely with the marketing, content and digital teams to deliver exceptional work across all our entrepreneur communities. The specialist will help create marketing copy, coordinate asset production, uphold brand standards and be the go-to resource for campaign and program execution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Content Development and Distribution
- Writing compelling marketing copy for digital and traditional marketing assets
- Drafting communications content including press releases, key messages, web content, letters, etc
- Coordinating content and copy development with freelancers
- Distributing marketing content within EEDC, across partner organizations and the community
- Identifying new content and channel opportunities
Project Coordination and Administration
- Developing marketing tactical plans and workback schedules
- Creating content schedules for campaigns, events and other initiatives
- Contributing to the annual Innovate Edmonton content calendar
- Collecting marketing metrics and KPIs, creating and distributing reports
- Ensuring marketing and communications assets are proofed and approved
- Coordinating print and digital asset production
- Coordinating internal and external meetings and events, as needed
- Providing administrative support for the marketing team including coding and submitting invoices
Brand and Identity
- Ensuring all marketing and communications assets reflect the correct brand and identity, according to the brand architecture
- Distributing logos and provide branding support for various sponsorship opportunities and events
- Maintaining and updating Innovate Edmonton corporate and community templates
- Coordinating brand and identify updates cross-divisionally
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, digital media or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience, in an office environment
- Exceptional content writing and copy writing with an editor’s eye for grammar and spelling
- Keen attention to detail within fast-paced work environment
- Previous production, event and/or brand management experience
- Media relations experience is an asset
If this opportunity represents you and you would like to become part of a team dedicated to building a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your key accomplishments, skills and abilities by November 18, 2018. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.