Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton Tourism division is Edmonton’s destination sales organization and the marketing voice for our city’s visitor experience, regionally, nationally and internationally. It is the trusted expert and resource for marketing Edmonton’s visitor experience. Working alongside stakeholders, the team delivers exceptional experiences, inviting guests to stay longer, spend more and share their stories with others.
We are the story-tellers and relationship makers for tourism experiences, engagement and inspiring local stories that shape our brand.
We are looking for a resourceful Meetings and Conventions Specialist who will be the “go to” person on our team, possessing a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing solid administrative and logistical support to the team
- Arranging and facilitating business development trips and site visits
- Assisting with the development, promotion and execution of meetings and conventions in greater Edmonton
- Inputting and maintaining accurate data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Preparing and crafting client specific bid books
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in office administration or a related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Conference Services Management (CSM) systems
- Strong time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of greater Edmonton’s tourism/hospitality industries and products
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your key accomplishments and abilities by September 16, 2018. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.