Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, candidates with exceptional communication and customer service skills to join our parking team. The Parking Cashier is responsible for the collection of daily event parking revenue while providing outstanding customer service by processing transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Explain and calculate parking charges, collect fees from customers, and respond to customer complaints
- Control traffic flow while ensuring the safety of guests, vehicles and the parking areas
- Count and package revenues, fill our forms and deliver to supervisor
- Ensure parking passes are valid and suitable for the event
- Monitor surroundings and report all unusual situations
This position requires the ability to:
- Walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time; work in various weather conditions; and work irregular hours including weekday/weekend morning and eventing shifts
- Perform math skills accurately to receive payment, make proper change and balance cash
- Answer questions regarding parking procedures and lot regulations.
- Ability to handle stress and complaints
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous cashier experience is preferred but no necessary
- Job offer is contingent on a satisfactory criminal record check
If this opportunity energizes you and highlights your strengths, then we want to hear from you! Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2018. Please click this Apply Now