The website www.igniteedmonton.com (this “website”) is a regional web portal created and managed by Edmonton Economic Development. By using this website, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information by Edmonton Economic Development as specified below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use this website.
What Information do we collect through this website?
In general, you can visit Edmonton Economic Development’s website without revealing any information about yourself. When you visit this website, the Edmonton Economic Development web server automatically collects a limited amount non-identifying information about your online visit for statistical purposes regarding how our visitors interact with us online. These statistics contain no personal information (we describe what is meant by “personal information” below) and are used only by Edmonton Economic Development staff. The information collected from your visit is as follows:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access Edmonton Economic Development’s website;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access Edmonton Economic Development’s website;
- the date and time you access Edmonton Economic Development’s website;
- the pages you visit on Edmonton Economic Development’s website; and
- the address of another website link, if any, that brought you to Edmonton Economic Development’s website.
Edmonton Economic Development collects and uses this information in an aggregate manner to help make this website more useful and to help us better understand how people are using this website.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
“Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, for example, your name, address, telephone number and other similar information. Any personal information collected, used or disclosed by Edmonton Economic Development through this website, if any, is subject to and managed by Edmonton Economic Development according to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Alberta). This means that:
- we only collect personal information that is necessary for the operation of this website; or
- with your knowledge and consent and is necessary for the provision of goods and services that you request;
- you will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose(s) for which it is being collected;
- any personal information collected will only be used and disclosed subject to your consent for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, for consistent purpose(s) or as required or permitted by law;
- you have a right to request access to and/or request correction of your personal information that is in Edmonton Economic Development’s custody or control.
Your Internet domain name or IP address, which we collect, may identify you depending, in large part, on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. However, we do not use or disclose this information other than for and in aggregate and statistical purposes and form. Still, you may wish to ask your Internet Service Provider about their policies and practices regarding naming standards.
Personal information collected by Edmonton Economic Development is not disclosed externally, unless you have given your consent or disclosure is required or permitted by law, although Edmonton Economic Development reserves the right to share non-identifying aggregate or statistical data compiled using personal information.
Only authorized Edmonton Economic Development employees with a business need to know and will have access to personal information and we safeguard personal information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess new technology for protecting information.
What else should I know about my privacy when online?
Links. Edmonton Economic Development has links to other websites. While Edmonton Economic Development takes measures to ensure that these links are to reputable organizations, Edmonton Economic Development is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked websites. You are encouraged to review each website’s privacy policies or practices in order to protect your privacy.
Security. We will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in question. Where we have determined, acting reasonably, that there has been unauthorized or illegal third party activities with respect to personal information, we may choose to or may be required to disclose personal information we have collected to law enforcement agencies.
Changes to this Policy
All Rights Reserved