Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Innovate Edmonton’s mission within EEDC is to create the best possible environment for technology innovation and tech-enabled startup and scaleup company growth. We are focused on creating new tech businesses, helping high potential businesses scale and inspiring action to fuel growth in Edmonton’s innovation and technology business community. We perform this work through our four entrepreneur communities: Startup Edmonton, the Edmonton Research Park, Edmonton Made and our partnership with the University of Alberta in TEC Edmonton.
At Startup Edmonton we connect entrepreneurs and product builders with skills, community and space to support them as they take ideas to reality. We create collisions – between developers, designers, makers, founders and mentors – and deliver programs that transform ideas into companies. Startup Edmonton is 14,000 square feet of program, community and co-working space at the historic Mercer Warehouse.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is enthusiastic about building the startup community and helping entrepreneurs find success.
The Program Manager will be a crucial leader and driver of growth at Startup Edmonton, responsible for supporting and coaching founders as they learn and go through the Startup Edmonton programs. Key areas of focus include helping build awareness about how Startup Edmonton supports entrepreneurs, facilitating workshops and providing additional resource options.
Operating in a fast-paced, high energy environment, this position will work directly with the Strategic Program Manager and be passionate about the entrepreneurial community and making an impact on the innovation community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with the Strategic Program Manager to successfully deliver programming
- Ensuring that Startup Edmonton’s curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives
- Engaging and connecting with Startup Edmonton members to discuss the progress of their business and directing them to additional mentorship and resource opportunities
- Engaging and connecting with clients interested in Startup Edmonton’s programming
- Leading information sessions about Startup Edmonton
- Establishing business opportunities that identify potential Preflight program members
- Building collaborative relationships with community stakeholders
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing/Communications or another related field. A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Passion for entrepreneurial community with the ability to identify client needs and create/drive solutions
- Eagerness to shape the skills and trajectories of the newest generation of startup founders
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with employees/clients/stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to optimize and improve elements
- Ability to function independently and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and CRMs
- Ability to work evening and weekends
If this unique and engaging opportunity represents you and you would like to become part of a team dedicated to building an incredible tech and innovation community in Edmonton, we want to hear from you! Submit your cover letter and resume by February 22, 2019. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.