Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We have a rare and exciting new opportunity for a strategic and tactical, results-driven team player, who can work in collaboration with our business units to manage, develop and implement purchasing and sourcing and asset management strategies. As our Purchasing Manager you will bring all of EEDC’s cultural values into practice and will play an integral role in leading our purchasing department.
Reporting to the Director, Food and Beverage, the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. You will succeed in this role by performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend by searching for cost saving opportunities.
You will also manage the standards of quality purchasing, including the logistics of sourcing and acquiring materials, through drafting of RFP’s, negotiating, forecasting demand levels for products and services, and engaging in quality market research.
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Managing, planning, organizing, directing and evaluating all purchasing activities
- Managing and developing purchasing policies & procedures, standards and strategies and the formal RFP process
- Negotiating major purchases, developing agreements with suppliers and engaging in all aspects of contract management
- Managing contracts by serving as a purchasing point of contact throughout the contract lifecycle, facilitating the review and making recommendations and ensuring they are properly executed.
- Managing corporate assets by identifying and selecting vendors and evaluating costs and quality of products and services
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a Post-secondary degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field is desired. The equivalence or combination of experience and knowledge will be recognized
- At least 5 years of progressive responsibility and experience in the delivery and management of purchasing, inventory, negotiating contracts and formulating policies
- Has the ability to:
- Promote integrity and business ethics;
- Demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication, effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
- Multi-task, be adaptable and resourceful
- Has Excellent verbal/written communication and negotiation skills
- Can demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Has strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Has knowledge of health and safety and food safety
If this opportunity speaks to you and you have the knowledge, skills and ability to succeed, submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your why you are our ideal candidate no later than July 20th, 2018. Click on the link below to apply.