Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Services division is the glue that holds EEDC together, providing Finance, Information Technology, Human Resource, Market Intelligence, Administration and External Relations services to all EEDC divisions. The guiding principle for Corporate Services is to drive efficiencies and innovation for all processes and systems within the organization. By building this culture, EEDC can lead by example for others.
As the Technical Support Specialist, you will receive an opportunity to engage and provide meaningful support to staff members on computer software and hardware components. This role will be responsible for responding to inquiries from staff members and assisting them in resolving their concerns. As a member of the Corporate Services team, you will act in service of others and also be in a position to offer advice and provide governance as applicable.
We are searching for a talented and co-operative Technical Support Specialist to join our team. Excellent troubleshooting skills and a strong focus on customer service are key in this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing computer hardware and software support to all EEDC users
- Supporting users with education and advice on their IT needs
- Preparing and setting up new hardware including PC’s, mobile devices and desktop peripherals
- Ensuring antivirus/malware software remains active and up-to-date
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary Education; diploma, degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the Information Technology field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience supporting users in an Information Technology capacity, with a dedicated focus on customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aptitude for fully utilizing support tools such as ticketing systems and documentation
- Ability to commute between different office locations within the city of Edmonton
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your key accomplishments, skills and abilities by April 30, 2018. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.