Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Division is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. In short, we make things easy for EEDC’s operating divisions.
We are searching for a friendly, customer service oriented Technical Support Specialist to join our team. The Technical Support Specialist will engage with EEDC Employees, daily, in a support role. Users will reach out with questions, or issues, related to software or hardware and the Technical Support Specialists role will be to resolve them so that the User can effectively perform their job duties. As a member of the Corporate team, the Technical Support Specialist is always acting in service of others but is also in a position to offer advice when applicable and provide governance when required. EEDC encourages face to face interaction and promotes a culture of Leadership, Public Stewardship and Caring for One Another.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing computer hardware and software support to all EEDC employees
- Setting up new User accounts in O365/AzureAD
- Deliver ongoing technical education to Users
- Identify opportunities for EEDC Technology improvements
- Occasionally work with an EEDC Project Manager and/or Project Team to fulfill the IT role of the project.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years supporting users in an IT capacity
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for fully utilizing support tools such as ticket systems and documentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 Professional
- The ability to travel between multiple EEDC locations within the city of Edmonton, as it will be required
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required for rotating after hours support
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by March 1st. Click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.