Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton Tourism division is Edmonton’s destination sales organization and the marketing voice for our city’s visitor experience, regionally, nationally, and internationally. It is the trusted expert and resource for marketing Edmonton’s visitor experience. Working alongside Stakeholders, the team delivers exceptional experiences, inviting guests to stay longer, spend more and share their stories with others.
The Travel Media team builds the city’s image and reputation by pitching and securing media coverage to generate awareness of Edmonton as a year-round travel destination. The team works with travel writers, editors, bloggers, social influencers, photographers – travel content producers – to generate the information they need to tell Edmonton’s story.
We are searching for a detail driven, creative individual with marketing and communications experience, that is passionate about Edmonton! The Travel Media Specialist will support the Travel Media Market Leads of Edmonton Tourism by assisting in the research and writing of story ideas for pitching, coordinating media visits, tracking media coverage, as well as handling travel media department administration, and more.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Travel Media team efforts in all markets with an opportunity to lead in supportive markets (E.g. France, Belgium, Mexico, Japan)
- Preparing and researching journalists prior to various marketplaces
- Attending media marketplaces and other media events when required
- Assisting in itinerary building and liaising with Stakeholders
- Writing pitches and researching new Edmonton stories/products
- Assisting with in-destination media hosting
- Tracking, archiving, and reporting on travel media coverage
- Managing the data in Simpleview related (but not limited) to entering media contacts, publications, media visits, media coverage, and information support requests
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in marketing/communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a deadline driven environment
- A passion for Edmonton that can be conveyed to media
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent research capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and databases (Simpleview or CRM software).
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by Friday, October 25. Click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.