Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Shared Services group is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice, and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation, and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. The group is comprised of IT, Finance, HR, Business Systems and Shared Services We are looking to fill the position of Manager Financial Planning and Analysis within our Finance team.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is a trusted advisor responsible for leading and managing the Budget, Forecasting and Analysis functions while ensuring strategic alignment to the Finance Department strategy and EEDC’s Mandate and Organizational Strategy.
We are searching for an experienced professional who possesses strong technical financial capabilities with proven business partner and people management experience in a rapidly changing environment. Working within this multifaceted organization, you will apply your notable interpersonal skills to communicate, collaborate, engage and advise a diverse group of stakeholders including the internal budget owners, and staff members across the organization.
The Financial Planning and Analysis functions are in the process of undergoing a transformational shift from transactional to strategic. The primary focus for the first 3-6 months will be on the development and refinement of core processes, systems, and competencies. Once in place, focus will shift to an enhanced business partner support model focused on engagement, user experience and collaboration to enable higher-value business decision support activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage the annual operational and capital budgeting and monthly forecast process organization wide
- Create financial models to improve operational budgeting and forecasting using established financial modelling best practices
- Develop and continuously improve budget and forecast templates
- Leads all financial analysis for the organization and makes recommendations supported by data for:
- Cost benefit analysis
- Business case support
- ROI/Payback calculations
- Ad hoc analysis
- Actively participate in the Business Planning process by supporting and collaborating with various internal budget owners
- Decision making, logical thinking, inquisitive, rethinking, business partner
- Experience in organizing, and interpreting large data sets to provide meaningful analysis and visualizations
- Develops and maintains forecast models
- Coordinates, trains, and supports the timely, accurate collection of forecast inputs from budget owners
- Leading, managing, and mentoring the Financial Planning and Analysis team for strong alignment to organizational strategy
- Continually reviewing internal processes and workflows to ensure an effective and positive user experience
- Leading and supporting change management within the organization
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related discipline
- CPA designation is an asset but not required
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team
- Established experience in managing complex budgets and forecasts
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills with a strong focus and attention to detail
- Proficiency in effectively leading change and positively influencing business operations
- Outstanding people management skills and the ability to mentor and provide guidance and coaching to others within the Finance and the leadership team on complex issues
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your key accomplishments, skills, and abilities by Friday, September 18, 2020. Click here to register on our applicant tracking system and submit your resume.